Current Professional Activities
- Private consulting practice
Past Professional Activities
- Radiologist - VCA Advanced Veterinary Care Center, Fishers, IN 2009–2021
- Staff radiologist, Antech Imaging Services, 2012–2016
- Faculty member at Purdue University, 2001–2012
- Faculty member at New Bolton Center, University of Pennsylvania, 1998–2001
- Married since 1989 to Dr. Nickie Baird, Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs, Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine
- Taylor (oldest daughter) played college volleyball, graduated from Purdue College of Veterinary Medicine and completed a rotating small animal internship at Colorado State University. She is currently a resident in Emergency Critical Care at the University of Georgia.
- Tanner (son) was on the livestock judging teams and graduated from Casper College and Texas A&M University. He graduated from Texas University School of Law in May, 2022 and is currently in a fellowship for the Solicitor General of Montana.
- Kaycee (youngest daughter) is a junior at Purdue University double majoring in Biomedical Engineering and Linguistics.
- Attending and watching Auburn sporting events
- John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
- “It isn’t about what you do, but how you do it” – John Wooden
What I Like Most About VIN
The community atmosphere and learning from other specialists and veterinarians; I also enjoy helping practicing veterinarians with difficult cases and assisting in the interpretation of imaging studies.