- Co-owner Northeast Veterinary Dermatology Specialists 2011-current
- South Texas Veterinary Specialists 2006-2011 (San Antonio)
- HESKA corp Veterinary Research Assistant, Basic Allergy Group (@ The Ohio State University CVM)
- Dermatology groupie at The Ohio State University CVM (student research, technician duties)
Even Before That
- Dabbled in education and special education while I figured out what I was passionate about
- United States Modern Pentathlon Team (was living the dream and still trying to satisfy it)
Grants Back in the Day
- Canine Research Funds
- Student Opportunities for Applied Research
- Veterinary Medical Association of Bexar County, President 2010-2011
- New York
- I was reared as a swimmer, but now I run. The longer the better, the earlier in the day the better. Roads, woods, mountains, anywhere. Going to go for a 50 miler when I turn 50 in “X” years! I’ll be back in the water someday. If you cant find me running, I am probably hiking in the woods or in VT, my special place.
- I am a USA Swimming official for age group swimming (super fun to see young swimmers develop).
- To chill, I garden (in hopes that the fam will eat their veggies!), read, and watch my kiddo navigate life.
- Husband, Greg. Not a vet, but he knows Greyhounds! He is a masters swimmer, marathon open water swimmer (and you thought I was nuts…he swims with sharks, jelly fish, and unknown creatures of the sea!).
- Human kid, Gregory, who enjoys swimming (he is part chlorine), fencing, archery, basketball, lacrosse and karate. Always the advocate for more recess, less days in school, and no homework!
- “Rookie” 1 yr old crested gecko
- Greyhounds for our family: “Skoot” 14 y Greyhound and trucking along
- Their predecessors “Hudson” and “Krafty” both rescued racers and both had osteosarcoma
What I Like About VIN
Y’all see some wild cases. I am challenged every time I log on to the message boards. I hope to add practical and solid advice on the presented cases. I am honored and humbled to be among the greats in the dermatology section.