Current Professional Activities
- President of the American Belgian Tervuren Club
- Owner, Canine Consultations-writing, speaking, phone consultations, corporate consulting, expert witness work, in the areas of canine and feline reproduction, genetics and pediatrics.
- Owner, AcuPets, a mobile veterinary acupuncture/therapeutic laser/spinal adjustment practice serving the Pikes Peak Region
- AKC conformation judge, Belgian Tervuren, Belgian Sheepdogs, Belgian Malinois
Past Professional Activities
- Internship, Auburn University (1984–1985)
- Internal Medicine Residency, Colorado State (1985–1988)
- Private practices (CA, TX, CO) director of reproduction services and semen freezing centers in TX and CO
Furred and Feathered Children
- "Caper" U-AGI UKC CH AKC GCH PACH2 Zephyre Chutes and Ladders CD RE HSAS JHD MX MXJ MXP6 MXPS MJP8 MJPG PAX2 OF XFP T2BP CA TKA SCN NW3 NW3-E NW3-C NW3-V NW3-I L1E TT CGC TDI AKC multi-group-placer, UKC Group Winner, AKC Herding HIT, AKC Obedience HIT, Eukanuba Best BBE and AOE, 2014 AKC Top Preferred Agility Belgian Tervuren, 2015 OFA Champion of Health
- "Sage" Bronze GCH Zephyre Wizard of Odds HSAS RN NF NFP JHD TT ELT-2 NW3-V NW3-E NW3-I, NW3-C multi-group placer, 2013 NOHS #1 Belgian Tervuren
- "Callie" Zephyre Treasure Hunt TT NW2 NWE3-C NW3-E
- “Sparkle” CH Vivant et Lisse Sparkle Up to Zephyre CA TKN ACT1 TT RATN FMD
- "Peach"GCH Zephyre Mon Ami Love in a Puff HIC RATN CGC
- “Vixen” Zephyre Back to the Future HIC
- “Tigger” Zephyre Mon Ami Tiger’s Eye TT
- "SkyCat" Siamese cat
- “Sanook” Thai cat
- "Thunder" African Grey Parrot, a rescue in 1984 (yes, he talks, about 900 words)
At the Rainbow Bridge:
- "Rustine" U-GRACH CH PACH2 Zephyre American Rhone Beauty CD RE HSAS JHD MX MXB MXJ MJB MXP7 MXPG MJP7 MJPS PAX2 NF XFP NAC TNN NGC TT CGC TDI, Group-placer, multi-UKC Agility High in Trial, UKC Agility High Combined, AKC Herding RHIT, December 29, 1999–December 26, 2012
- "Meret" U-AGII CH Zephyre Queen of D'Nile RN, OA, OAJ, NAP, NJP, TT, NAC, NGC, NJC, TNN, HIC, multi BOB, multi UKC Agility HIT, December 29, 1999–October 26, 2012
- "Electra" U-ACHX CH Zephyre nEverest NRGZR Bunny CD RA OA AXJ HIC TT NAC NGC-V NJC-V CGC TDInc, multi UKC agility High Combined, June 1, 1994–Feb 8, 2010
- "Zephyr" U-CD U-AGII CH Charsar Zephyr Sierra CDX HT AX AXJ NAC-V OJC-V SAD TT CGC TDI, BAR July 9 1986–June 10, 2002
- "Merlin" U-CD U-AGII CH Zephyre's Altair Sorcerer CD AX OAJ NGC-V OAC-V OJC-V TT CGC TDI, multi-group placer, multi UKC agility HIT January 15, 1990–June 11, 2002
- "Moxie" UKC/AKC CH Zephyre Ain't Misbehavin' HIC TT, April 21, 1992–June 15, 1997
- Carbon Copy TT (malamute/collie/shepherd) June 13, 1984–September 6, 1998
- Dog sports: conformation, herding, agility, obedience, rally, Therapy dog work, nosework
- Active in American Belgian Tervuren Club (veterinary columnist, breeder referral AND judging the 2015 National Specialty!)
- Hiking, with dogs of course.
- Reading, especially science fiction (am currently also writing a science fiction novel)
- Future beekeeper!
"Each morning I seize the day, but by noon it has escaped."
What I Like Most About VIN
The ability to communicate with colleagues across the world and the immediate access to so much information.