Current Professional Activities
- Research Associate: Diagnostic Parasitology and Diagnostic Program development - Texas Veterinary Medical Diagnostic Laboratories (1995–present)
- Important Note: prior to 1995, Norman started working on the Canine Associate just to help out while suffering from an undiagnosed illness. This motivated Norman to begin development of a zoonosis knowledge base. During that process he finally figured out he had brucellosis which had been over looked by several doctors. The program eventually saved his life.
Past Professional Activities
- Pursued academic endeavors from home due to chronic undiagnosed & misdiagnosed Brucellosis! (1989–1995)
- Ross University - member of founding faculty (1982–1989)
- Parasitology and Public Health to Veterinary Students
- Epidemiology and Parasitology to Medical Students
- Assistant Professor of Veterinary Parasitology - Texas A&M University (1973–1981)
- Instructor in Veterinary Parasitology & Post-doc in the Research Animal Diagnostic Laboratory - College of Veterinary Medicine - University of Missouri (1972)
- Epidemiologist - plague chase - CDC, Fort Collins Colorado (1968)
- Medical Technician - U.S. Army (1964–1965)
- 1 Belgian Malinois
- 1 quarter horse
"Bless the beasts and the children."
What I Like Most About VIN
My data base is coming to fruition.