Current Professional Activities
- Diagnostic parasitologist, Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital, UC Davis
- Staff research associate, laboratory of Dr Karen Shapiro, Department of Pathology, Microbiology, and Immunology, UC Davis
- Scientific manuscript editor, Better Papers Faster (based in China)
Past or Intermittent Professional Activities
- Laboratory Assistant, UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine-assisting with teaching parasitology to first and second year DVM students
- Two, almost 2-year-old cats, Morel and Enoki
- Recently and unexpectedly lost my first pet as an adult, a lovely cat named Mirelle
- House music DJ
- Indoor cycling, specifically e-racing on the Zwift platform
- Dungeons and Dragons
- My dad, Joe Camp Jr (PhD) is an emeritus professor of parasitology from Purdue University.
What I Like Most About VIN
The opportunity to think about parasites I don't normally see in the diagnostic lab, and helping folks identify unknown parasites.