Current Professional Activities
- Private practice internal medicine consulting at several equine hospitals as well as field evaluations and telephone consultations with local practitioners.
- Western University College of Veterinary Medicine clinical site advisory board member, Pomona CA
Past Professional Activities
- Private practice internist at several equine hospitals in southern California for approximately 20 years.
- Established one of the first equine internal medicine referral hospitals not affiliated with a surgical facility or ambulatory practice, 1993
- Interim faculty member in Equine Medicine at UC Davis (1989–1990)
- Equine Emergency Service, Southern California: provided emergency coverage for equine practitioners in Los Angeles, Riverside, Orange and San Bernardino counties, (1988–1989)
- Large animal internal medicine residency, UC Davis (1986–1988)
- Private practice internship in Orange County, CA (1985–1986)
- I have suffered severe herd attrition and now only serve one demanding feline.
- Try to make up for the time that I didn’t spend with family and friends while working as the only internist in my own business as well as in busy referral hospitals.
- I enjoy walking in my local parks and hope someday to be able to do more than walk!
My favorite quote is one from the statistician Douglas Altman that I often think of when working. “Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
What I Like Best About VIN
The opportunity to work with so many like-minded individuals who enjoy helping other veterinarians and the professional growth it provides for all of us.