Current Professional Activities
- Mostly retired but do some locum work both in South Florida and at various vet schools
Past Professional Activities
- Professor of Companion Animal Surgery, Lousiana State University
- Chief of Surgery at Lauderdale Veterinary Specialists
- Chief of Surgery, Animal Medical Center, NY, NY
- Professor of Small Animal Surgery, University of Illinois
- Associate professor of surgery, University of Pennsylvania
- Staff surgeon, Bay area veterinary specialists, private practice, San Francisco bay area
- Owner and Founder of Veterinary Medical and Surgical Group in Ventura, California
- Staff Veterinarian at the San Francisco Zoo
- Associate Professor — Zoological Medicine — University of Florida
- Piquitula — Grey and white tabby with no eyes. Herpes...
- Tuti Fruti — Calico adopted from shelter in Illinois
- Lili — Grey tabby with white feet adopted from AMC
- Lua — German wire-haired pointer (DOB 2/14/2021)
- Highlighter — Female parrotlet
- Ice — Powder blue parrotlet who used to ride to work with me
- Fresh water and reef aquaria
"Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug."
What I Like Best About VIN
I like the concept of veterinarians helping veterinarians. I like that it keeps me thinking and learning. I have to look stuff up to answer questions and that helps me keep up. I also enjoy meeting so many veterinarians from all over the world. People come up to me at conferences and tell me their screen names. It is like we have known each other for a long time but it has been on VIN, not in person. I like the world wide access. Great people. Great learning.