Current Professional Activities
- Owner, Zoo/Exotic Pathology Service, Serving Exotic Animal Practitioners since 1998
- Partner with Exotic Species Cancer Research Alliance, http://www.escra.org
- Co-investigator: Western Pond Turtle Health Team, Washington, http://wdfw.wa.gov
- Co-Investigator; Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill
- Current Research Projects and Professional Contributions (books, book chapters, journal articles, and proceedings) listed on ResearchGate
Past Professional Activities
- President of the American Association of Fish Veterinarians (AAFV); 2017
- Conference Chair AAFV 2017
- Association of Exotic Mammal Veterinarians (AEMV) Research Committee chair, 2010–2017
- ABVP Reptile and Amphibian Chair Examination Committee, 2014–2017
- ABVP Reptile and Amphibian Organizing Committee, 2006–2011
- Wild West Veterinary Conference Scientific Organizing Committee, 2003–2011
- American Board of Veterinary Practitioners, Avian Examination Committee,1994–2004
- Clinical Practice, Avian Medical Center of Sacramento
- Clinical Consultant (Exotic Animal Medicine), CalAvian Lab, CVD lab, and IDEXX
- Married to the Wonderful John Robertson (Veterinary Surgeon)
- Billions of Budgerigars, two feisty Amazon parrots, a couple of lap kitties, John's little Bell dog, and Pearl (the perfect standard poodle).
- Computer gaming (World of Warcraft, guild leader)
- Classical Piano (recital performances annually)
- Supporting the arts in Sacramento (Camellia Symphony and The B Street Theater)
"Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty."
What I Like Most About VIN
The community is open 24/7 and I learn something new daily!