Current Professional Activities
- Locum internal medicine coverage in the U.S., New Zealand and Australia
- Clinical lecturer, Unitec Institute of Technology in Auckland, New Zealand
Past Professional Activities
- Internship — Animal Medical Center
- Residency — Michigan State University
- Private practice and university clinical instructor positions — U.S., Australia and New Zealand
- Currently just one cat but I’m dying to get another dog and some goats.
- I also rent a house on a dressage training facility so the horses know me as the apple-bearer.
- Travel! I’m the youngest child of a diplomat so it was inevitable that I’d become a bit of a gypsy.
- I volunteer for the zoo and thus get to scope and ultrasound some pretty remarkable creatures.
- I also try to volunteer in less developed countries when possible — it’s very humbling to try to help animals without all the bells and whistles but it also restores my faith in humanity
- Otherwise I like to read, hike, wander beaches and check out wineries
Oh so many… today my favorites are Nelson Mandela’s “It always seems impossible until it’s done” and Julia Child’s “A party without cake is really just a meeting”
What I Like Most About VIN
What I like most about VIN is how current it is. These days information is already out of date by the time it is printed and, on VIN, clinicians are always discussing the latest publications and ongoing studies that haven’t even reached publication yet. It’s really empowering to feel like you have a finger on the pulse of research and advances in the field.