Course Open: July 1, 2021 - June 30, 2022
Total CE Credit: 1
RACE Category: 1.0 hours Medical
Reports of feline heartworm disease have been published for over 80 years, yet we still do not spend enough time talking to our clients about prevention. For cat’s prevention is the key, as there is no effective, safe treatment. Learn how cats are different, and how heartworm behaves when infecting cats.
Learning Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the participant should be able to:
- Explain the pathophysiology of FHWD and how it differs from canine.
- Explain the role of prevention versus treatment in cats.
- Explain to clients the prevalence in your area as compared to canine infection rates.
VSPN CE Course: Open to VIN and VSPN members
This non-interactive course has been RACE approved for veterinary technicians/technologists.(22-37231) Course Agenda:
Segment 1: Feline Heartworm Disease
Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course. To learn more about the requirements for earning a CE certificate, please refer to Receiving Your CE Credit and Course Completion Certificate.Course Materials: Course materials will be available in the course library prior to each Real Time Session.
Required Textbook(s): There is no required textbook for this course.
Prices are listed in US dollars.
*To ensure participants are ready and prepared for classes, enrollment will close on June 1, 2022 at 5 pm ET (USA) or when the maximum number of participants is reached. *For more information on how online CE works, see the Participant Resource Center. To Enroll:
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member and non-member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext.792 or email VSPNCE. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
VSPN CE Coordinator VSPN CE Services: VSPNCE
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 792
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357