Course Open: January 2, 2021- December 31, 2021
Total CE Credit: 2
RACE Category: 2 hours Medical
In this non-interactive course, we will discuss the diagnostics, management, and treatments used in feline diabetes patients. Our guest case will be Bootsie, an obese F/S DSH. Key Nutritional Factors, disease, and nutritional management including client communication and follow up will complete the course. <
- Interpret and explain the predisposing factors associated with feline diabetes mellitus.
- Categorize and support disease management including oral, injectable, and nutritional implementation.
- Analyze Key Nutritional Factors for managing a feline diabetes mellitus patient.
- Develop and explain a feeding plan and follow up for clients and their cats.
RACE Accreditation: This course has been RACE approved for veterinary technicians/technologists in the format of a non-interactive course. (22-37229) Course Agenda:
Segment 1: Feline Diabetes Mellitus Nutrition
Predisposing factors, disease management, nutritional factors, feeding plan and followup for the feline diabetes mellitus patient.
Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course. To learn more about the requirements for earning a CE certificate, please refer to Receiving Your CE Credit and Course Completion Certificate.Course Materials: Course materials will be available in the course library prior to each Real Time Session.
Required Textbook(s): There is no required textbook for this course.
Prices are listed in US dollars.
*To ensure participants are ready and prepared for classes, enrollment will close on December 1, 2021 at 5 pm ET (USA) or when the maximum number of participants is reached.*For more information on how online CE works, see the Participant Resource Center. To Enroll:
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member and non-member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext.792 or email VSPNCE. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
VSPN CE Coordinator VSPN CE Services: VSPNCE
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 792
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357