Course Open: August 1, 2019-December 31, 2019
Level and Prerequisites:
This advanced course is geared toward veterinary technicians, especially those working toward their VTS in Nutrition.
VSPN CE Course: Open to VIN and VSPN members.
This course has been RACE approved for veterinary technicians/technologists in the format of a non-interactive course. (22-37229)
In this non-interactive course, we will discuss the diagnostics, management, and treatments used in feline diabetes patients. Our guest case will be Bootsie, an obese F/S DSH. Key Nutritional Factors, disease, and nutritional management including client communication and follow up will complete the course. Course Outline:
Feline Diabetes Mellitus Nutrition
Total Time: 2.0 Hours
Objectives: Upon completion of this session, the participant should be able to
- Interpret and explain the predisposing factors associated with feline diabetes mellitus
- Categorize and support disease management including oral, injectable, and nutritional implementation
- Analyze Key Nutritional Factors for managing a feline diabetes mellitus patient
- Develop and explain a feeding plan and follow up for clients and their cats
About the Instructor:
Ann Wortinger, BIS, LVT, VTS (ECC, SAIM, Nutrition) is a published author and has veterinary technician specialty certifications in Emergency Critical Care, Small Animal Internal Medicine, and Nutrition. Her experience in general, emergency and specialty practices, as well as in education, provides solid experience in teaching the various aspects of nutrition. She is president-elect of the Academy of Veterinary Nutrition Technicians (AVNT). Ann is currently working as a private consultant, veterinary technology instructor and mentor.
Prices are listed in US dollars. *To ensure participants have enough time to complete the course, enrollment will close at 5pm ET on December 1, 2019.
*For more information on how online CE works, see the Participant Resource Center.
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member and non-member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- Each person is individually responsible for his/her own registration. To ensure that all information received is secure and correct, please do not enroll for a course on behalf of another individual.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext. 792 or email VSPNCE. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
Course withdrawal and refund policy: A complete refund of the paid course price will be issued when your withdrawal request is received prior to the listed start date of the course. If you wish to withdraw after the start date please contact the VIN office 800-846-0028 ext. 792 to discuss eligibility for a pro-rated refund.*For more information on VSPN's upcoming CE courses, check the VSPN Course Catalog. Lisa Kernaghan, LVT, RVT, CVT, VTS (ECC)
VSPN CE Coordinator VSPN CE Services: VSPNCE
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 792
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357