Course Open: February 19, 2020 – December 31, 2020
Level and Prerequisites: This advanced course is designed for those credentialed veterinary technicians pursuing their VTS-Nutrition or those experienced veterinary technicians (and their veterinarians) with a high level of nutritional knowledge in canines and felines.
VSPN CE Course: Open to VIN and VSPN members
This non-interactive course has been RACE approved for veterinary technicians/technologists (22-39418) Course Description:
This course will focus on feline hepatic lipidosis with complications. We will look at a typical presentation, typical treatment option (PEG tube) and cover some of the complications these cats can develop. We will also look at post-discharge management and complications ultimately ending with full recovery and feeding tube removal.
This course will consist of a non-interactive segment that includes handouts to be read, a video, handouts of the slides and a mandatory end of course test. To earn a certificate of participation, you must attain a score of 80% or higher on the end of course test. Participants must complete participation requirements by December 31, 2020 to be eligible to earn a certificate of participation.
Segment 1: (Hepatic Lipidosis)
Total time: 1.0 hours
- Demonstrate and manage feeding tube nutritional support for feline patients with hepatic lipidosis
- Assess, interpret, and manage common nutritional complications in feline patients with hepatic lipidosis
- Support the patient's post-discharge, including client education and support, until full recovery is achieved
Ann Wortinger, BIS, LVT, VTS (ECC, SAIM, Nutrition) is a published author and has veterinary technician specialty certifications in Emergency Critical Care, Small Animal Internal Medicine, and Nutrition. Her experience in general, emergency and specialty practices, as well as in education, provides solid experience in teaching the various aspects of nutrition. She is president-elect of the Academy of Veterinary Nutrition Technicians (AVNT). Ann is currently working as a private consultant, veterinary technology instructor and mentor. Total CE Credit: 1.0 Tuition: $21
Prices are listed in US dollars. *To ensure participants are ready and prepared for classes, enrollment will close on December 1, 2020, at 5 pm ET (USA) or when the maximum number of participants is reached.
*For more information on how online CE works, see the Participant Resource Center.
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- Each person is individually responsible for his/her own registration. To ensure that all information received is secure and correct, please do not enroll for a course on behalf of another individual.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext. 792 or email VSPNCE. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
*Note: “This program (22-39418) is approved for 1 hour of continuing education credit in jurisdictions which recognize RACE approval. “
VSPN CE Coordinator VSPN CE Services: VSPNCE
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 792
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357