- American College of Veterinary Nutrition (ACVN) Small Animal Nutrition, 2016
Honors Awards and Fellowships
- American Herbalist Guild (AHG) Herbal Medicine, 2002
- Residency in Nutrition, University of Tennessee, 2010
- Internship in Small Animal Internal Medicine, Friendship Hospital for Animals in Washington, DCFriendship Hospital for Animals, 1988
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM), University of Georgia, 1987
Current Professional Activities
Past Professional Activities
- Georgia Veterinary Specialists, Nutrition and Holistic Medicine
- Adjunct Faculty, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia
- Co-author: Veterinary Herbal Medicine, 2007. Mosby, St. Louis.
- Co-author: Manual of Natural Veterinary Medicine: Science and Tradition, 2003. Mosby, St. Louis.
- Author: Emerging Therapies: Herbal and Nutraceutical Medicine for Small Animals, AAHA Press, Boulder, CO.
- Co-author: Complementary and Alternative Veterinary Medicine: Principles and Practice, Mosby, St. Louis.
- Invited participant: Wellcome Trust Workshop on Advanced Research in Complementary and Alternative Medicine, London, UK.
- Invited participant: Commonweal Consensus Conference on Implications of Veterinary Homeopathy, Bolinas, California.
- Ad Hoc Reviewer, National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, National Institutes of Health
- Ad Hoc Reviewer, Behavioral and Neurosciences Special Emphasis Panel, National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health
- 1 German shepherd and 2 cats
- gardening, cooking, biking, hiking, travel, in-town culture
What I Like Most About VIN
- Tell me that we understand the placebo effect, THEN complain that homeopathy can't work because we don't understand the mechanism.
- Instant answers, cutting edge information, and camaraderie.