Michael Zigler, DVM, MSc, CertVOphthal
- Certificate in Veterinary Ophthalmology (CertVOphthal) 1993, Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons, UK.
- BSc, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario Canada, 1975
- DVM, Ontario Veterinary College, Guelph, Ontario Canada, 1979
- MSc International Animal Health, University of Edinburgh, 2013
Current Professional Activities
- Referrals in Veterinary Ophthalmology at the Mississauga-Oakville Veterinary Emergency Hospital and Referral Centre in Oakville, Ontario Canada - http://www.vetemergency.ca
- Adjunct Professor, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph
Past Professional Activities
- Ophthalmology Residency (1990 - 1991)
- Past President of the Canadian Association of Veterinary Ophthalmology
- Past President of the American Society of Veterinary Ophthalmology
- Selected as "Veterinarian of the Year" by the Ontario Veterinary Medical Association in 1988.
- Married to Barbara Lupu-Zigler - Barbara is a nurse in a community health center.
- Melissa Ann, studying to become a veterinarian at the Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies at the University of Edinburgh.
Ginny - 1.5 year old Springer Spaniel
- Gryphon - 3 year old Yorkie
Maggie - 9 year old Schnoodle
Fleur, my first Springer Spaniel Extraordinaire, who died in 2001 was blind since 7 months of age. She has her own webpage at: http://www.eyevet.ca/fleur.html ;
- I collect vintage Canadian and world banknotes
- I play tournament level Scrabble.
- "In my experience" = one case;
"In my series of cases" = two cases;
"In case after case after case" = three cases.
- "May there never develop in me the notion that my education is complete, but give me the strength and leisure and zeal continually to enlarge my knowledge."
Moses Maimonides, 1135-1204.
What I like Most About VIN
- The sense of belonging, and the eagerness to learn and share.