- Diplomate of the American Board of Veterinary Practitioners, Exotic Companion Mammal Specialty, awarded November 2009.
- Diplomate of the American Board of Veterinary Practitioners, Feline Specialty, awarded November 2001. Recertification awarded in November 2009.
- D.V.M New York State College of Veterinary Medicine at Cornell University 1995
- A.B. Biology and German Studies, Cornell University 1991
Current Clinical Interests
- Companion Small Mammal Practice
- Feline Geriatric Care
- Owner of Animal Medical Associates, Saco, Maine
- NAVLE(R) Item Writer, NBVME 2011-current
- Several articles in varying stages of publication.
- Member of the American Association of Feline Practitioners, 1995-2011
- Member of the AAFP Guidelines Committee, 2000-2011.
- Member of the AAFP Research Committee, 1998-2011.
- Member of the Cornell Feline Health Center, 1995-current.
- Member of the Association of Exotic Mammal Veterinarians, 2002-current.
- Health Director, Ferret Educational Foundation, 11/2008 - current.
- Chair, USDA petition for amendment of the Animal Welfare Act committee.
- Co-chair of the AEMV ABVP Committee (founder) 2003-2010.
- Member of the American Veterinary Medical Association, 1995-current.
- Member of the Morris Animal Foundation, 1998-current.
- Member of the American Animal Hospital Association 1999-2006, 2010-current.
- Member, Academy of Feline Medicine
- 5 Ferrets
- 7 Cats
- 2 Chinchillas
- 2 Bearded Dragons
- 1 Dog
What I like Most About VIN No matter how obscure the question, you can find someone that knows an answer!