Mark Sharpless, MBA, JM, CMAR, RVT, VTS-Lab Animal Medicine
- VTS-Lab Animal Medicine
- Registered Veterinary Technician
- Registered Laboratory Animal Technologist
- Certified Manager of Animal Resources
- Certified Professional IACUC Administrator
- Currently enrolled in the Juris Master program at Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia
- BBA-Veterinary Technology Management; The State University of New York-Delhi; 2010
- AAS-Animal Health Technology; Median School of Allied Health Careers, Pittsburgh PA; 1985
Current Professional Activities
- Operations Manager for Yerkes National Primate Research Center - Lawrenceville Field Station
- Member of Emory University IACUC
- Member of The Laboratory Animal Management Association.
Past Professional Activities
- Operations Manager - Hahnemann University and the Women's Medical College of PA- 8 years
- Research Technician - Pocono Rabbit Farm and Laboratory for 8 years
- Veterinary Technician at various private clinics over the years.
- Emory University Award of Distinction 2001
- My interests include animal care and welfare, technician training and professional development, and facility management.
- National member of the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science
- Member of SouthEastern Branch of the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science
- Member of National Association of Veterinary Technicians in America
- Member of Georgia Veterinary Technician and Assistant Association
- Member of Public Responsibility in Medicine and Research
- I live with my 3 pit bull retriever mixes, Homer, Haley and 3-legged Brady. We share the place with a pot bellied pig named Elley and a black cat named Angus.
- When I am not working or studying I enjoy hanging out at the lake and boating. I also enjoy photography.
What I like Most About VSPN
- I like that VSPN provides an easy opportunity for veterinary professionals to communicate about a variety of topics. There is generally someone out there that can provide you with the information or a place to locate it.