Course Open: July 6, 2021-July 30, 2021
Real Time Sessions (RTS): Tuesdays July 13 and 20, 2021: 8:30-10 PM ET World Clock Converter
Total CE Credit: 3
RACE Category: 3 hours Medical
This course is intended for veterinary technicians and support staff to learn how to obtain diagnostic dental radiographs. Dental radiographs are an essential part of the oral exam. We will first learn the normal anatomy and terminology of the mouth before diving into full mouth radiographs of a canine and feline. Proper positioning techniques and trouble shooting common problems will be discussed and demonstrated. Different types of dental radiography equipment and radiation safety will be covered as well.
- Identify the anatomy of a tooth.
- Practice radiation safety.
- Obtain diagnostic radiographs.
- Correct common mistakes of dental radiographs.
- Orient dental radiographs appropriately.
Course Prerequisites: none
RACE Accreditation: This program has been approved for 3 hours of continuing education credit in jurisdictions which recognize RACE approval. (20-798497)Course Agenda:
Week 1 (Real Time Session July 13): Anatomy and Terminology of a Dental Radiograph
This week the anatomy of the teeth and mouth will be discussed. This will help with understanding what a dental radiograph consists of. Radiation safety and dental radiograph equipment will be covered.
Week 2 (Real Time Session July 20):
Diagnostic Dental Radiographs
Proper angles and positioning of the patient and equipment will be demonstrated. Trouble shooting common mistakes is demonstrated as well.
Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course. To learn more about the requirements for earning a CE certificate, please refer to Receiving Your CE Credit and Course Completion Certificate.Course Materials: Course materials will be available in the course library prior to each Real Time Session.
Required Textbook(s): There is no required textbook for this course.
Tuition: $63 ($57 early bird special if enrolled by June 22, 2021)
Prices are listed in US dollars.
* Students currently enrolled in an AVMA accredited or CVMA approved Veterinary Technician Program may be eligible to receive a 50% discount off the regular rate for this course (upon verification of student status).
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member and non-member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext.792 or email VSPNCE. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
VSPN CE Coordinator VSPN CE Services: VSPNCE
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 792
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357