Course Open: August 3, 2021-August 27, 2021
Real Time Sessions (RTS): Tuesdays, August 10 and 17, 2021; 9:00-11pm ET (USA) World Clock Converter
Total CE Credit: 4
RACE Category: 4 hours Medical
This course will cover common arrhythmias and hypotension seen in anesthesia patients. We will discuss recognition, underlying causes, and recommended therapies. The second half of this course we will focus our discussion on hypotension; causes, consequences, and therapies.
- Recognize common arrhythmias seen with anesthesia.
- Anticipate arrhythmias seen with specific disease processes.
- Be familiar with current therapies for arrythmias.
- Know what normal blood pressure is and what is defined as hypotension.
- Causes of hypotension.
- Consequences of hypotension.
- Steps to addressing hypotension.
RACE Accreditation: This program has been approved for 4 hours of continuing education credit in jurisdictions which recognize RACE approval (22-43834).Course Agenda:
Week 1 (Real Time Session August 10): Arrhythmias in the Anesthesia Patient
In this session we will learn to recognize common arrhythmias seen during anesthesia and discuss which ones occur with specific diseases. We will also cover current therapies used when these arrhythmias occur.
Week 2 (Real Time Session August 17):
Hypotension in the Anesthesia Patient
In this session we will discuss what normal blood pressure is and what is defined as hypotension. We will go over the causes and consequences of hypotension, as well as steps to address it in our patients.
Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course. To learn more about the requirements for earning a CE certificate, please refer to Receiving Your CE Credit and Course Completion Certificate.Course Materials: Course materials will be available in the course library prior to each Real Time Session.
Required Textbook(s): There is no required textbook for this course.
Tuition: $84 ($76 early bird special if enrolled by July 20, 2021)
Prices are listed in US dollars.
* Students currently enrolled in an AVMA accredited or CVMA approved Veterinary Technician Program may be eligible to receive a 50% discount off the regular rate for this course (upon verification of student status).
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member and non-member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext.792 or email VSPNCE. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
VSPN CE Coordinator VSPN CE Services: VSPNCE
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 792
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357