Course Open: January 9-26, 2023
Real Time Sessions (RTS):Monday, January 16, 2023; 8:30-10:30pm ET (USA) World Clock Converter
Total CE Credit: 2
RACE Category: 2 hours Medical
Enrollment is closed.
Many clinics have capnography capability, but many technicians have not utilized this skill much. If you need a refresher or a good basic start in capnography, this may be the course for you. This course will discuss the basic principles of capnography, including but not limited to the different types of capnograph units commonly used in practice today. Capnograph waveforms will comprise a large portion of the lecture and participants will be taught how to read and recognize normal vs. abnormal tracings including what causes common abnormalities and how to rectify them.
- Understand the pros and cons of side stream vs. mainstream capnography
- Learn to read a normal capnograph waveform
- Learn to recognize normal vs. abnormal capnograph tracings
RACE Accreditation: This program has been approved for 2 hours of continuing education credit in jurisdictions which recognize RACE approval.(22-38767)Course Agenda:
Week 1 (Real Time Session January 16): Capnography
In this course we will discuss the pros and cons of both side stream and mainstream capnography. We will learn to read a normal capnograph waveform as well as being able to recognize both normal and abnormal capnograph readings.
Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course. To learn more about the requirements for earning a CE certificate, please refer to Receiving Your CE Credit and Course Completion Certificate.Course Materials: Course materials will be available in the course library prior to each Real Time Session.
Required Textbook(s): There is no required textbook for this course.
Enrollment is closed.
*To ensure participants are ready and prepared for classes, enrollment will close on January 16, 2023 at 5 pm ET (USA) or when the maximum number of participants is reached.*For more information on how online CE works, see the Participant Resource Center.
- VIN CE Courses:
- VIN CE courses are open to VIN member, VIN student member, and non-member veterinarians.
- Veterinary support staff must be VSPN members in order to enroll in a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- VSPN CE Courses:
- VSPN CE courses are open to veterinary support staff and veterinarians.
- Only VIN and VSPN members can enroll in a VSPN CE course.
- Veterinarians will only receive credit for those VSPN CE courses that specify in the Accreditation statement that the course is accredited for veterinarians.
- Please check the course Level and Prerequisites, Accreditation, and Tuition before enrolling.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org
and @vin.com addresses.
- Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext. 797 or email VSPNCE. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
Course withdrawal and refund policy: A complete refund of the paid course price will be issued when your withdrawal request is received prior to the listed start date of the course. If you wish to withdraw after the start date please contact the VIN office 800-846-0028 ext. 792 to discuss eligibility for a pro-rated refund. *For more information on VSPN's upcoming CE courses, check the VSPN Course Catalog. VSPN CE Services: VSPNCE
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 792
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357