Course Open: March 2-March 26, 2022
Real Time Sessions (RTS): Wednesdays March 9 and 16, 2022; 9:30-11:00pm ET (USA) World Clock Converter
Total CE Credit: 3
RACE Category: 3 hours Non-Medical
This course will explore performance management, which when done effectively encompasses so much more than just an annual evaluation. We will explore traditional employee evaluations as well as performance planning. We will discuss formal communication with employees, including the merits and downfalls of traditional employee evaluations. The concepts of performance planning, employee empowerment, goal setting, and dealing with substandard performance will be explored. This course covers those essential skills needed to develop a program within your practice for providing employees feedback regarding their performance and helping them to set goals for achievement
- Understand comprehensive employee performance management.
- Explore traditional employee evaluations.
- Assess and compare the benefits and drawbacks of traditional employee evaluations.
- Differentiate the importance of job expectation clarifications prior to evaluation of performance.
- Relate the connection between job descriptions, training and evaluation/performance planning.
- Consider the desired outcome and stated goals of the feedback system used.
- Explain the importance of real time feedback regarding performance.
- Critique and measure the benefits and drawbacks of performance planning systems.
- Discuss goal setting, employee motivation, and employee performance.
This program has been approved for 3 hours of continuing education credit in jurisdictions which recognize RACE approval. (20-881787)
VHMA accreditation: This course is approved by VHMA for CVPM credits. (VHMA 12-20).
Week 1 (Real Time Session March 9): Traditional Employee Evaluations
During this session we will explore traditional employee evaluations, assess and compare the benefits and drawbacks of traditional employee evaluations, differentiate the importance of job expectation clarifications prior to evaluation of performance, relate the connection between job descriptions, training and evaluation/performance planning and consider the desired outcome and stated goals of the feedback system used.
Week 2 (Real Time Session March 16):
Comprehensive Performance Management, Performance Planning and Goal Setting
During the final session, we will explore performance management as a comprehensive, ongoing process; consider eliminating traditional employee evaluations, explain the importance of real time feedback regarding performance, critique and measure the benefits and drawbacks of performance planning systems and discuss goal setting, employee motivation, and employee performance.
Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course. To learn more about the requirements for earning a CE certificate, please refer to Receiving Your CE Credit and Course Completion Certificate.Course Materials: Course materials will be available in the course library prior to each Real Time Session.
Required Textbook(s): There is no required textbook for this course.
Tuition: $66 ($59 early bird special if enrolled by February 16, 2022)
Prices are listed in US dollars.
* Students currently enrolled in an AVMA accredited or CVMA approved Veterinary Technician Program may be eligible to receive a 50% discount off the regular rate for this course (upon verification of student status).
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member and non-member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext.792 or email VSPNCE. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 792
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357