Real Time Sessions (RTS): Tuesdays, November 9, 16, and 23; 2021 9-10:30 PM ET (USA)) World Clock Converter
Total CE Credit: 4.5
RACE Category: 4.5 hours Non-Medical
Stress in the workplace affects us all. Add to that the stress we experience in our personal lives and the workplace can reach a boiling point. In this course techniques will be provided to improve and effectively balance the participant’s personal and professional life. The course will also introduce stress management techniques that can be utilized in your home and work life. As a continuation of Modules 1 and 2, we will incorporate how your stress level affects your communication with others. The overall goal of all three modules of this series is for the participant to become a more knowledgeable and confident communicator.
- Assess balance in key areas of personal and professional life
- Discuss techniques to improve areas of life that are lacking balance.
- Explore making small changes to bring balance to life.
- Set boundaries that create balance.
- Discuss how to introduce balance into your practice.
- Assess how to support coworkers in finding balance in their lives.
- Explore communication techniques to reduce stress, conflict, and avoid burn out.
- Develop training techniques to improve stress level of your practice.
Course Prerequisites: none
This program has been approved for 4.5 hours of continuing education credit in jurisdictions which recognize RACE approval.(20-843935).
This course is approved by VHMA for CVPM credit. (VHMA program # 08-21)
Week 1 (Real Time Session November 9): Assessing Balance
In this session we will learn how to assess key areas of personal and professional life and discuss techniques to improve areas of life that are lacking balance. We will explore making small changes to bring balance back and learn to set boundaries that create balance.
Week 2 (Real Time Session November 16):
This week will discuss stress, and how it affects you both personally and professionally. We will examine workplace grief and how to recognize compassion fatigue. We will explore how balance in your life can decrease your stress.
Week 3 (Real Time Session November 23):
Balancing Your Life and Supporting Coworkers
In this session we will discuss how to introduce balance into your practice and assess how to support coworkers in finding balance in their lives. We will explore communication techniques for reducing stress, conflict and avoiding burnout. We will learn to develop training techniques to improve the stress level of our practices.
Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course. To learn more about the requirements for earning a CE certificate, please refer to Receiving Your CE Credit and Course Completion Certificate.Course Materials: Course materials will be available in the course library prior to each Real Time Session.
Required Textbook(s): There is no required textbook for this course.
Tuition: $95 ($86 early bird special if enrolled by October 19, 2021)
Prices are listed in US dollars.
*Enroll in all 3 modules by September 7, 2021 and receive a 15% discount off the original course price.
* Students currently enrolled in an AVMA accredited or CVMA approved Veterinary Technician Program may be eligible to receive a 50% discount off the regular rate for this course (upon verification of student status).
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member and non-member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext.792 or email VSPNCE. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 792
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357