Course Open: July 7- August 7, 2021
Real Time Sessions (RTS): Wednesdays, July 14, 21 and 28, 2021; 9:00-10:30pm ET (USA) World Clock Converter
Total CE Credit: 4.5
RACE Category: 4.5 hours Non-Medical
Building client loyalty is an opportunity happening all day, every day. The front office staff member plays the most critical role in the success or failure of a veterinary practice. No matter how competent, capable or caring you are, at some point clients will be unhappy with you. How your front desk handles these situations may determine whether this client returns or whether you lose that client. A unified front desk staff will create a loyal clientele that will assure compliance with the doctor’s recommendations. Your front desk staff will attract new clients and solidify the current clients while creating a positive experience. They generally improve productivity and efficiency in your veterinary practice along with handling the distressed client with ease.
- Demonstrate the ability to admit and discharge patients while staying on schedule
- Show and improve the front desk’s ability to multi-task and streamline operations
- Apply and increase knowledge of medical terminology, accurately discharge patients with instructions, and market the doctor’s recommendations
- Change price shoppers into appointments.
- Compute accurate price quotes where needed
- Discriminate emergency situations with patients, solve issues with the unhappy client, and handle payments while relating a positive attitude
- Overcome client objections while developing client loyalty
This program has been approved for 4.5 hours of continuing education credit in jurisdictions which recognize RACE approval. (20-795413)
This course is approved by VHMA for CVPM credit. (VHMA program # 08-01)
Week 1 (Real Time Session July 14): Presenter(s): Phyllis Webster, AA, CVPM
This week we will cover the admission and discharge of patients, and how to stay on schedule. We will also discuss the front desk’s ability to multi-task and streamline operations.
Week 2 (Real Time Session July 21):
In this session we will learn to apply and increase our knowledge of medical terminology, accurately discharge patients with instructions, and market the doctor’s recommendations. We will go over how to change price shoppers into appointments, and compute accurate price quotes when needed.
Week 3 (Real Time Session July 28):
The Rough Stuff
This week we will examine how to discriminate emergency situations with patients, solve issues with the unhappy client, and handle payments while relating a positive attitude. We will also learn to overcome client objections while developing client loyalty.
Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course. To learn more about the requirements for earning a CE certificate, please refer to Receiving Your CE Credit and Course Completion Certificate.Course Materials: Course materials will be available in the course library prior to each Real Time Session.
Required Textbook(s): There is no required textbook for this course. Enrollment is closed.
Tuition: $95 ($86 early bird special if enrolled by June 23, 2021)
Prices are listed in US dollars.
* Enroll in both modules by June 16, 2021 and receive a 15% discount off the original course price.
* Students currently enrolled in an AVMA accredited or CVMA approved Veterinary Technician Program may be eligible to receive a 50% discount off the regular rate for this course (upon verification of student status).
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member and non-member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext.792 or email VSPNCE. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
VSPN CE Coordinator VSPN CE Services: VSPNCE
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 792
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357