Course Open: June 18-July 7, 2021
Real Time Sessions (RTS): Sunday, June 27, 2021; 7:00-9:00 pm ET (USA) World Clock Converter
Total CE Credit: 2
RACE Category: 2 hours Medical Skip to Enrollment Course Information:
Chronic vomiting is one of the most common reasons for which owners present their cats to veterinarians for evaluation. Attendees will use real cases to explore a clinically logical approach to definitively uncovering the cause of a cat’s chronic vomiting. Special attention will be given to accurately diagnosing and treating inflammatory bowel disease, including communication tips for maximizing client compliance for recommended testing and therapies. Learning Objectives:
Upon completion of the course, the participant should be able to
- highlight relevant pathophysiology of vomiting in cats.
- discuss common causes vomiting in cats.
- describe a logical approach to patient evaluation & diagnostic investigation for chronic vomiting in cats.
- review pharmacologic control of vomiting.
Accreditation: This course is approved for 2 hours of continuing education credit by RACE for veterinarians and veterinary technicians/technologists. (RACE 20-771877) Course Agenda: Week 1 (Real Time Session June 26, 2021): Chronic Vomiting in Cats - A Practical Approach to a Common Problem
Presenter: Chris Byers, DVM, ACVIM SAIM, ACVECC
Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course. To learn more about the requirements for earning a CE certificate, please refer to Receiving Your CE Credit and Course Completion Certificate. Course Materials: Course materials will be available in the course library prior to each Real Time Session.
Required Textbook(s): There is no required textbook for this course.
Tuition: Member $46 ($41 early bird special if enrolled by June 4, 2021)
Non-Member $110 ($99 early bird special if enrolled by June 4, 2021)
Prices are listed in US dollars. *To ensure participants are ready and prepared for classes, enrollment will close on June 18, 2021 at 5 pm ET (USA) or when the maximum number of participants is reached. *For more information on how online CE works, see the Participant Resource Center.
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member and non-member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext. 797 or email CEonVIN. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
VIN Education Director VIN CE Services: CEonVIN
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 797
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357