Course Open: May 12-May 29, 2022
Real Time Sessions (RTS): Thursday, May 19, 2022; 7:00-9:00 pm ET (USA) World Clock Converter
Total CE Credit: 2
RACE Category: 2 hours Medical Skip to Enrollment Course Information:
Feline chronic enteropathies, which primarily consist of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and small cell lymphoma (SCL), are common diseases of the elderly cat. Distinguishing between these two diseases and knowing the appropriate way to work up and manage these cases can be frustrating. This course will provide an overview and updates on our understanding of both IBD and SCL. We will focus on the diagnostic work up for both diseases, how to differentiate between IBD and SCL and why it matters and review therapeutic options along with prognosis and common co-morbidities for both disease processes. At the end of the course the participant should have a better understanding of these disease processes and how to manage these patients long-term. Learning Objectives:
Upon completion of the course, the participant should be able to
- recognize the signs of feline chronic.
- develop a rational diagnostic plan on a case-by-case basis.
- institute an appropriate therapeutic and monitoring plan.
- identify prognostic factors and be able to recognize and manage common comorbidities.
Accreditation: This course is approved for 2 hours of continuing education credit by RACE for veterinarians. (RACE 20-767207) Course Agenda: Week 1 (Real Time Session May 19, 2022): Feline Chronic Enteropathies
Presenter: Amy E. Nichelason, DVM, DABVP
Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course. To learn more about the requirements for earning a CE certificate, please refer to Receiving Your CE Credit and Course Completion Certificate. Course Materials: Course materials will be available in the course library prior to each Real Time Session.
Required Textbook(s): There is no required textbook for this course.
Tuition: Member $46 ($41 early bird special if enrolled by April 28, 2022)
Non-Member $110 ($99 early bird special if enrolled by April 28, 2022)
Prices are listed in US dollars. *To ensure participants are ready and prepared for classes, enrollment will close on May 19, 2022 at 5 pm ET (USA) or when the maximum number of participants is reached. *For more information on how online CE works, see the Participant Resource Center.
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member and non-member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext. 797 or email CEonVIN. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
VIN Education Director VIN CE Services: CEonVIN
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 797
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357