Course Open: November 23-December 10, 2021
Real Time Sessions (RTS): Tuesday, November 30, 2021; 8:00-10:00 pm ET (USA) World Clock Converter
Total CE Credit: 2
RACE Category: 2 hours Medical Skip to Enrollment Course Information:
This course will navigate thought the diagnosis and management of tracheal collapse in dogs, including the different ways this disease can present, diagnostic testing to arrive at a diagnosis, and management strategies for the individual patient. Learning Objectives:
Upon completion of the course, the participant should be able to
- identify the clinical presentation of collapsing trachea in dogs.
- identify the tests indicated for diagnosis of tracheal collapse.
- interpret the results of the tests used to diagnosis tracheal collapse.
- get to a final diagnosis of tracheal collapse.
- describe therapies used for treatment in the acute setting for dogs with tracheal collapse in respiratory distress.
- describe goals and long-term strategies for the management of tracheal collapse in the individual patient.
Accreditation: This course has been submitted (but not yet approved) for 2 hours of continuing education credit for veterinarians in jurisdictions which recognize RACE approval. Course Agenda: Week 1 (Real Time Session November 30, 2021): Tracheal Collapse
Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course. To learn more about the requirements for earning a CE certificate, please refer to Receiving Your CE Credit and Course Completion Certificate. Course Materials: Course materials will be available in the course library prior to each Real Time Session.
Required Textbook(s): There is no required textbook for this course.
Tuition: FREE to VIN members
Non-members and veterinary students are not eligible to enroll in this course. *To ensure participants are ready and prepared for classes, enrollment will close on November 23, 2021 at 5 pm ET (USA) or when the maximum number of participants is reached. *For more information on how online CE works, see the Participant Resource Center.
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member and non-member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext. 797 or email CEonVIN. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
VIN Education Director VIN CE Services: CEonVIN
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 797
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357