Course Open: November 25-December 12, 2020
Real Time Sessions (RTS): Wednesday, December 2, 2020; 9:00-10:30 pm ET (USA)
Course RTS Times in Your Area: World Clock Converter Level and Prerequisites: This basic course is designed to enable small animal veterinarians to receive, diagnose and manage basic canine reproductive cases in their practice
VIN CE Course: Open to veterinarians. This course has been submitted for RACE approval for veterinarians. Course Information:
This course will cover a broad set of topics in basic canine reproduction. Week 1 (Real Time Session December 2, 2020): Basic Canine Reproduction
Presenter: Autumn P. Davidson
Objectives: Upon completion of this session, the participant should be able to
- perform pre-breeding evaluation in bitches and dogs including infectious disease screening.
- advise about and perform ovulation timing in bitches, understand normal variations and actual cycle abnormalities.
- counsel about breeding husbandry.
- perform pregnancy evaluation and management (diet, drugs and supplements).
- advise about whelping management, recognition of dystocia and its management.
- discuss elective vs emergency Cesarean sections.
Required Textbook(s): There is no required textbook for this course. About the Presenter:
Autumn P. Davidson received her DVM in 1985 from University of California, Davis. She did an internship at Texas A&M University and a residency at the University of California, Davis in internal medicine. She is currently a staff veterinarian and instructor at the Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital at the University of California, Davis, and owns Clarion Reproductive Services in Three Rivers, CA. Total CE Credit: 1.5
Tuition: Member $35 ($32 early bird special if enrolled by November 11, 2020)
Non-Member $95 ($89 early bird special if enrolled by November 11, 2020)
Prices are listed in US dollars. *To ensure participants are ready and prepared for classes, enrollment will close on November 25, 2020 at 5 pm ET (USA) or when the maximum number of participants is reached. *For more information on how online CE works, see the Participant Resource Center. To Enroll:
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member and non-member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- Each person is individually responsible for his/her own registration. To ensure that all information received is secure and correct, please do not enroll for a course on behalf of another individual.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext. 797 or email CEonVIN. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
VIN Education Director VIN CE Services: CEonVIN
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 797
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357