Course Open: November 30-December 17, 2020
Real Time Sessions (RTS): Monday, December 7, 2020; 8:00-9:30 pm ET (USA)
Course RTS Times in Your Area: World Clock Converter Level and Prerequisites: This intermediate course will be open to veterinarians actively interested in ocular manifestation of systemic diseases.
VIN CE Course: Open to veterinarians. This course is approved by RACE for veterinarians. (RACE 22-44841) Course Information:
This lecture will cover how systemic disease affects the eyes and how the eyes can help figure out what the disease is. The eyes are the window to the world. I will discuss congenital, acquired, metabolic, neoplastic and toxic diseases. Week 1 (Real Time Session December 7, 2020)
Presenter: Erica Tolar, DVM, ACVP
Objectives: Upon completion of this session, the participant should be able to
- Understand how systemic diseases affect the eyes
- Review congenital, acquired, metabolic, neoplastic and toxic diseases
Required Textbook(s): There is no required textbook for this course. About the Presenter(s):
Erica Tolar received her DVM from University of Illinois in 2003. She did a small animal rotating internship at the University of Tennessee and a residency in ophthalmology at the University of Illinois. She received your diplomate of American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists (ACVO) Ophthalmology in 2007. She is currently working at a Private referral practice and a private equine ophthalmology practice in Louisville, KY. She is also an ophthalmology consultant on VIN. Total CE Credit: 1.5
Tuition: Member $35 ($32 early bird special if enrolled by November 17, 2020)
Non-Member $95 ($89 early bird special if enrolled by November 17, 2020)
Prices are listed in US dollars. *To ensure participants are ready and prepared for classes, enrollment will close on November 30, 2020 at 5 pm ET (USA) or when the maximum number of participants is reached. *For more information on how online CE works, see the Participant Resource Center. To Enroll:
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member and non-member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- Each person is individually responsible for his/her own registration. To ensure that all information received is secure and correct, please do not enroll for a course on behalf of another individual.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext. 797 or email CEonVIN. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
VIN Education Director VIN CE Services: CEonVIN
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 797
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357