Course Open: July 15-August 1, 2019
Real Time Sessions (RTS): Monday, July 22, 2019; 9:00-11:00 pm ET (USA)
Course RTS Times in Your Area: World Clock Converter Level and Prerequisites: This intermediate course will be open to veterinarians actively interested in obesity management for canine and feline patients.
VIN CE Course: Open to veterinarians. This course has been submitted for RACE approval for veterinarians . Course Information:
In this course, we will discuss health risks associated with obesity in dogs and cats; nutritional assessments for obese and overweight patients, including dietary history, body condition score, and muscle condition score; and a step-by-step approach to the overweight or obese patient. We will also discuss case examples. Week 1 (Real Time Session July 22, 2019): Canine and Feline Obesity Management
Presenter: Catherine Lenox, DVM, Diplomate ACVN
Objectives: Upon completion of this session, the participant should be able to
- Identify health risks associated with obesity in dogs and cats.
- Review the nutritional assessment process for the obese or overweight patient.
- Discuss a step-by-step approach to the obese or overweight patient.
Required Textbook(s): There is no required textbook for this course. About the Presenter:
Catherine Lenox graduated from veterinary school at the University of Missouri in 2007. She then went on to complete a small animal medicine and surgery internship at Colorado State University and a small animal nutrition residency at the Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine. She was board-certified by the American College of Veterinary Nutrition in 2011. Dr. Lenox is also certified in veterinary acupuncture. After three years in specialty practice, Dr. Lenox joined Royal Canin USA in 2014. She is currently Scientific Affairs Manager at Royal Canin USA. Total CE Credit: 2
Tuition: Member $46 ($41 early bird special if enrolled by July 1, 2019)
Non-Member $110 ($99 early bird special if enrolled by July 1, 2019)
Prices are listed in US dollars. *To ensure participants are ready and prepared for classes, enrollment will close on July 22, 2019 at 5 pm ET (USA) or when the maximum number of participants is reached. *For more information on how online CE works, see the Participant Resource Center. To Enroll:
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member and non-member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- Each person is individually responsible for his/her own registration. To ensure that all information received is secure and correct, please do not enroll for a course on behalf of another individual.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext. 797 or email CEonVIN. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
VIN Education Director VIN CE Services: CEonVIN
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 797
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357