Course Open: March 4-April 4, 2021
Real Time Sessions (RTS): Thursdays, March 11, 18 and 25, 2021; 9:00-11:00 pm ET (USA) World Clock Converter
Total CE Credit: 6
RACE Category: 6 hours Medical Skip to Enrollment Course Information:
Appropriate pediatric care and client education is critical part of companion animal practice. It helps set the stage for lifelong health, enhances the bond between owner and pet, and helps avoid common preventable diseases. This course will discuss important topics that need to be covered during wellness visits, vaccination and deworming protocols, and common health conditions encountered during the pediatric period. We will focus exclusively on those patients between the ages of about 6-16 weeks of age. A separate class on VIN focuses on the care of the neonate. Learning Objectives:
Upon completion of the course, the participant should be able to
- recall the most important components of a pediatric visit which include husbandry, behavior, nutrition, preventative care, and vaccination.
- understand the most recent pediatric vaccination recommendations.
- respond to common client questions.
- discuss the etiology, pathophysiology, diagnosis, and management of common conditions seen in pediatric patients.
RACE Accreditation: This course is approved for 6 hours of continuing education credit by RACE for veterinarians. (RACE 22-41999) Course Agenda: Week 1 (Real Time Session March 11, 2021): Optimizing the Pediatric Visit
The first week will review the most common items to cover during the pediatric visit, including husbandry, behavior, nutrition, preventative care, and the spay/neuter discussion Week 2 (Real Time Session March 18, 2021): Pediatric Vaccination
This week will focus on the history and science of vaccination and then discuss the most current vaccination recommendations for the pediatric patient. Week 3 (Real Time Session March 25, 2021): Common Pediatric Health Conditions
The course will conclude with a presentation on the diagnosis and management of common health concerns that arise during the pediatric period. Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course. To learn more about the requirements for earning a CE certificate, please refer to Receiving Your CE Credit and Course Completion Certificate. Course Materials: Course materials will be available in the course library prior to each Real Time Session.
Required Textbook(s): There is no required textbook for this course.
Enrollment is closed.
Tuition: Member $138 ($124 early bird special if enrolled by February 18, 2021)
Non-Member $231 ($208 early bird special if enrolled by February 18, 2021)
Prices are listed in US dollars. *To ensure participants are ready and prepared for classes, enrollment will close on March 11, 2021 at 5 pm ET (USA) or when the maximum number of participants is reached. *For more information on how online CE works, see the Participant Resource Center.
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member and non-member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext. 797 or email CEonVIN. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
VIN Education Director VIN CE Services: CEonVIN
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 797
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357