Course Open: October 15, 2020-December 31, 2021
Total CE Credit: 1
RACE Category: 1 hours Medical Skip to Enrollment Course Information:
This course will cover the basics of hamster, mouse, and gerbil ownership and husbandry, as well as an overview of a general clinical approach to the species, discussing common diseases and their treatments. To earn a certificate of completion the participant must complete all learning modules and score 80% or better on the end-of-course test. Completion of the course will take a minimum of 64 minutes. Participants must complete the participation requirements by December 31, 2021 to be eligible for a certificate. To learn more about the requirements for earning a non-interactive CE certificate, please refer to Non-Interactive CE Certificate Requirements. Learning Objectives:
Upon completion of the course, the participant should be able to
- Educate owners on the basics of hamster, mouse, and gerbil care
- Evaluate the husbandry of a patient to determine likely points causing disease
- Determine the best way to correct deficits of husbandry
- Determine a likely list of differential diagnoses for a sick hamsters, mice, and gerbil patients
- Be comfortable anesthetizing hamsters, mice, and gerbil patients
- Know the basics of common hamsters, mice, and gerbil surgeries
Accreditation: This non-interactive course is approved for 1 hour of continuing education credit by RACE for veterinarians and veterinary technicians/technologists. (RACE 22-44502) Course Agenda: Module 1: Hamster, Mouse, and Gerbil Basics
Total Time: 64 minutes
Video: 54 minutes
Module 2: End of Course Test
Total Time: 10 minutes
Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course.
Module 3: Course Evaluation
Tuition: VIN/VSPN Member $23
Prices are listed in US dollars. *For more information on how online CE works, see the Participant Resource Center.
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member and non-member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext. 797 or email CEonVIN. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
VIN Education Director VIN CE Services: CEonVIN
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 797
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357