Course Open: January 1-December 31, 2022
Total CE Credit: 2
RACE Category: 2 hours Medical Skip to Enrollment Course Information:
This course covers the basics of guinea pig ownership and husbandry, as well as an overview of a general clinical approach to the species, discussing common diseases and their treatments. To earn a certificate of completion the participant must complete all learning modules and score 80% or better on the end-of-course test. Completion of the course will take a minimum of 113 minutes. Participants must complete the participation requirements by December 31, 2022 to be eligible for a certificate. To learn more about the requirements for earning a non-interactive CE certificate, please refer to Non-Interactive CE Certificate Requirements. Learning Objectives:
Upon completion of the course, the participant should be able to
- educate owners on the basics of guinea pig care.
- evaluate the husbandry of a patient to determine likely points causing disease.
- determine the best way to correct deficits of husbandry.
- determine a likely list of differential diagnoses for a sick guinea pig patient.
- feel confident when anesthetizing guinea pig patients.
- know the basics of common guinea pig surgery.
RACE Accreditation: This non-interactive course is approved for 2 hours of continuing education credit by RACE for veterinarians and veterinary technicians/technologists. (RACE 20-806528) Course Agenda: Module 1: Introduction, History, Husbandry
Total Time: 34 minutes
Video: 29 minutes
Handouts (2): 5 minutes
Module 2: PE, Common Diseases
Total Time: 47 minutes
Video: 37 minutes
Handouts (3): 10 minutes
Module 3: Basic Anesthesia and Surgery Techniques
Total Time: 17 minutes
Video: 12 minutes
Handouts : 5 minutes
Module 4: End of Course Test
Total Time: 15 minutes
Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course. Module 5: Course Evaluation
To learn more about the requirements for earning a non-interactive self-study CE certificate, please refer to Non-Interactive CE Certificate Requirements.
Tuition: VIN/VSPN Member $46
Prices are listed in US dollars. *For more information on how online CE works, see the Participant Resource Center.
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext. 797 or email CEonVIN. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
VIN Education Director VIN CE Services: CEonVIN
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 797
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357