Course Open: July 9-August 11, 2021
Real Time Sessions (RTS): Sundays, July 18, 25, and August 1, 2021; 2:30-4:00 pm ET (USA) World Clock Converter
Total CE Credit: 4.5
RACE Category: 4.5 hours Medical Skip to Enrollment Course Information:
Endoscopes are becoming increasingly available in clinics but are often not utilized as completely as they could be. This course will cover the main areas of endoscopy including a detailed description of the equipment and procedures involved so you can maximize the use of these techniques. Learning Objectives:
Upon completion of the course, the participant should be able to
- understand the techniques for performing gastrointestinal, respiratory and urogenital endoscopy.
- recognize the indications for these techniques.
- interpret endoscopic findings and maximize samples obtained.
Accreditation: This course is approved for 4.5 hours of continuing education credit by RACE for veterinarians. (RACE 20-813470) Course Agenda: Week 1 (Real Time Session July 18, 2021): Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
GI endoscopy is one of the most commonly performed endoscopic procedures, but the results can be frustrating and fail to achieve what we hope. This session will review the required equipment to perform GI endoscopy and outline the procedure in detail including tips and tricks to get the most from performing these procedures. Importantly we will also cover when to perform, and when not to perform, GI endoscopy. Hopefully this will maximize the utility of the technique in your clinic allowing better case outcomes. Week 2 (Real Time Session July 25, 2021): Respiratory Endoscopy
This session will cover the technique and indications for rhinoscopy and bronchoscopy allowing clinicians to maximize outcomes for these patients. Topics will include diagnostic bronchoscopy, obtaining bronchoalveolar lavage samples, removal of foreign bodies, antegrade/retrograde rhinoscopy and treatment of sinonasal aspergillosis. Week 3 (Real Time Session August 1, 2021): Urogenital Endoscopy
Cystoscopy has become a vital tool in the investigation of urinary tract disease and replaced many conventional techniques such as contrast radiography. This session will provide an overview of performing the technique in female and male dogs along with identification of normal and abnormal findings. In addition, we will cover advanced interventional endoscopic techniques such as laser ablation of ectopic ureters, placement of ureteral stents and polypectomy. Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course. To learn more about the requirements for earning a CE certificate, please refer to Receiving Your CE Credit and Course Completion Certificate. Course Materials: Course materials will be available in the course library prior to each Real Time Session.
Required Textbook(s): There is no required textbook for this course.
Tuition: Member $104 ($94 early bird special if enrolled by June 25, 2021)
Non-Member $185 ($165 early bird special if enrolled by June 25, 2021)
Prices are listed in US dollars. *To ensure participants are ready and prepared for classes, enrollment will close on July 16, 2021 at 5 pm ET (USA) or when the maximum number of participants is reached. *For more information on how online CE works, see the Participant Resource Center.
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member and non-member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext. 797 or email CEonVIN. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
VIN Education Director VIN CE Services: CEonVIN
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 797
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357