Course Open: January 1-December 31, 2022
Total CE Credit: 2
RACE Category: 2 hours Medical Skip to Enrollment Course Information:
This course will cover common thoracic radiology concepts and techniques. First through identifying normal anatomy structure and then introducing common patterns of pulmonary disease. To earn a certificate of completion the participant must complete all learning modules and score 80% or better on the end-of-course test. Completion of the course will take a minimum of 127 minutes. Participants must complete the participation requirements by December 31, 2022 to be eligible for a certificate. To learn more about the requirements for earning a non-interactive CE certificate, please refer to Non-Interactive CE Certificate Requirements. Learning Objectives:
Upon completion of the course, the participant should be able to
- understand proper procedure and techniques to capture ideal thoracic imaging.
- identify normal anatomy landmarks.
- identify bronchial, alveolar, and vascular patterns of disease utilizing thoracic radiographs.
- identify differences between structured and non-structured interstitial patterns.
Accreditation: This non-interactive course is approved for 2 hours of continuing education credit by RACE for veterinarians. (RACE 20-848651) This course does not qualify for AAVSB RACE approval. Course Agenda: Module 1: Anatomy and Physiology
Total Time: 37 minutes
Video: 37 minutes
This module provides a review of common thoracic pulmonary radiology anatomy and physiology. Module 2: Patterns of Pulmonary Disease
Total Time: 58 minutes
Video: 58 minutes
In this module you will learn about common pulmonary disease patterns. Module 3: Case Examples
Total Time: 17 minutes
Video: 17 minutes
This module provides a review of several case examples of common pulmonary presentations. Module 4: Additional Resources
Module 5: End of Course Test
Total Time: 15 minutes
Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course. Module 6: Course Evaluation
To learn more about the requirements for earning a non-interactive self-study CE certificate, please refer to Non-Interactive CE Certificate Requirements.
Tuition: VIN Member $46
Prices are listed in US dollars. *For more information on how online CE works, see the Participant Resource Center.
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext. 797 or email CEonVIN. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
VIN Education Director VIN CE Services: CEonVIN
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 797
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357