Course Open: July 27, 2021-June 30, 2022
Total CE Credit: 2
RACE Category: 2 hours Medical Skip to Enrollment Course Information:
This course will cover common cardiac radiology concepts and techniques. First through identifying normal anatomy structure and then introducing common abnormal presentations. Common congenital diseases as well as acquired heart disease will be discussed. To earn a certificate of completion the participant must complete all learning modules and score 80% or better on the end-of-course test. Completion of the course will take a minimum of 147 minutes. Participants must complete the participation requirements by June 30, 2022 to be eligible for a certificate. To learn more about the requirements for earning a non-interactive CE certificate, please refer to Non-Interactive CE Certificate Requirements. Learning Objectives:
Upon completion of the course, the participant should be able to
- understand proper procedure and techniques to capture ideal cardiac imaging.
- identify normal anatomy landmarks.
- identify common cardiac congenital diseases utilizing thoracic radiographs.
- identify acquired heart disease and abnormalities seen on thoracic radiographs.
Accreditation: This non-interactive course is approved for 2 hours of continuing education credit by RACE for veterinarians. (RACE 20-847297) Course Agenda: Module 1: Anatomy and Physiology
Total Time: 38 minutes
Video: 38 minutes
Module 2: Common Congenital Disease
Total Time: 50 minutes
Video: 50 minutes
Module 3: Acquired Heart Disease and Abnormalities
Total Time: 49 minutes
Video: 49 minutes
Module 4: End of Course Test
Total Time: 10 minutes
Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course. Module 5: Course Evaluation
To learn more about the requirements for earning a non-interactive self-study CE certificate, please refer to Non-Interactive CE Certificate Requirements.
Tuition: VIN Member $46
Prices are listed in US dollars. *For more information on how online CE works, see the Participant Resource Center.
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext. 797 or email CEonVIN. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
VIN Education Director VIN CE Services: CEonVIN
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 797
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357