Course Open: February 22-April 8, 2021
Real Time Sessions (RTS): Mondays, March 1, 8, 15, 22 and 29, 2021; 9:00-10:30 pm ET (USA) World Clock Converter
Total CE Credit: 7.5
RACE Category: 7.5 hours Medical Skip to Enrollment Course Information:
This course is intended for veterinarians who are interested in building a solid foundation interpreting cardiopulmonary abnormalities in thoracic radiographs of dogs and cats. The course will cover anatomy of the thorax, cardiac interpretation, and pulmonary patterns such as interstitial, bronchial, and alveolar. By the end of the course the participant should understand the normal anatomy of the thorax, be able to recognize interstitial, bronchial, and alveolar patters, and be able to describe these patterns in order to assist with the creation of a diagnostic and therapeutic plan. Learning Objectives:
Upon completion of the course, the participant should be able to
- understand the normal anatomy of the thorax in dogs and cats.
- discuss how to evaluate a rotated radiograph and what landmarks to look for.
- compare normal radiographs across various canine thoracic conformations (deep chested, brachycephalic, etc.).
- understand the utility of several methods of cardiac interpretation.
- recognize the limitations of cardiac interpretation on radiographs.
- recognize the different types of interstitial patterns.
- understand naming conventions to assist with the description of interstitial, bronchial, and alveolar patterns.
- describe interstitial, bronchial, and alveolar patterns in order to assist with the creation of a diagnostic and therapeutic plan.
Week 3 (Real Time Session March 15, 2021): Pulmonary Patterns - Interstitial
Week 4 (Real Time Session March 22, 2021): Pulmonary Patterns - Bronchial
Week 5 (Real Time Session March 29, 2021): Pulmonary Patterns - Alveolar
Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course. To learn more about the requirements for earning a CE certificate, please refer to Receiving Your CE Credit and Course Completion Certificate. Course Materials: Course materials will be available in the course library prior to each Real Time Session.
Required Textbook(s): There is no required textbook for this course. Enroll Now Tuition: Member $173 ($156 early bird special if enrolled by February 8, 2021)
Non-Member $274 ($247 early bird special if enrolled by February 8, 2021)
Prices are listed in US dollars. *To ensure participants are ready and prepared for classes, enrollment will close on March 1, 2021 at 5 pm ET (USA) or when the maximum number of participants is reached. *For more information on how online CE works, see the Participant Resource Center.
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member and non-member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext. 797 or email CEonVIN. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
VIN Education Director VIN CE Services: CEonVIN
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 797
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357