Course Open: July 1, 2021-June 30, 2022
Total CE Credit: 2
RACE Category: 2 hours Non-Medical Skip to Enrollment Course Information:
Harness the power of science in your training! Whether you're a trainer, veterinary behaviorist, pet owner, police, military, or scent work trainer, training methods based on the science of animal behavior can get you astonishingly fast and consistent results. In this second of two fascinating, live-recorded lectures, Dr. Sophia Yin, a veterinarian, animal behaviorist, and author, explains clearly and vividly the essential foundations and practical applications of the science of animal learning. To earn a certificate of completion the participant must complete all learning modules and score 80% or better on the end-of-course test. Completion of the course will take a minimum of 121 minutes. Participants must complete the participation requirements by June 30, 2022 to be eligible for a certificate. To learn more about the requirements for earning a non-interactive CE certificate, please refer to Non-Interactive CE Certificate Requirements. Learning Objectives:
Upon completion of the course, the participant should be able to
- develop an understanding of operant conditioning through history and practical application.
- witness the connection between science and training in order to better work with animals.
Accreditation: This non-interactive course is approved for 2 hours of continuing education credit by RACE for veterinarians and veterinary technicians/technologists. (RACE 20-842263) Course Agenda: Module 1: Applied Behavior Analysis in Training: From Missile-Guiding Pigeons to Spy Dog
Total Time: 111 minutes
Video: 111 minutes
Module 2: End of Course Test
Total Time: 10 minutes
Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course. Module 3: Course Evaluation
To learn more about the requirements for earning a non-interactive self-study CE certificate, please refer to Non-Interactive CE Certificate Requirements.
Enrollment is closed.
Tuition: VIN/VSPN Member $46
Prices are listed in US dollars. *For more information on how online CE works, see the Participant Resource Center.
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member and non-member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext. 797 or email CEonVIN. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
VIN Education Director VIN CE Services: CEonVIN
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 797
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357