Have you come across a blank page where you expected to see a video, audio player, or other interactive content? Often these types of multi-media are built upon a program called Adobe Flash and you must tell your Chrome browser to allow that content to play on your computer. Below are some steps to try. If you need further help please contact VIN at feedback@VIN.com.
- Visit the page you would like to view.
- In the URL address bar, click on on the padlock icon to the left of the web address.
- Set the Flash setting to Allow on the drop down list, or click on Site settings to open all Chrome settings.
- If you clicked on Site settings, find the setting for Flash and set the drop-down option to Allow.
- Close this settings tab and refresh the original page you were trying to view.
- Flash should work on VIN pages now.