- American College of Veterinary Pathologists (ACVP) Clinical Pathology, 2007
- Residency in Clinical Pathology, University of Florida, 2007
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM), North Carolina State University, 2004
- Bachelor of Science (BS), North Carolina State University, 2000
- Associate of Arts (AA), Saint Mary's College, 1998
Current Professional Activities
- Veterinary clinical pathologist, Antech Diagnostics, Cary, North Carolina
- Consultant, VIN
- Married to Nathan Christie
- Only the four-legged variety!
- Tyler, the dog in cat's clothing
- Zora, the 26-toed kitty who narrowly escaped being euthanized in the animal shelter
- Max, the "special" kitty who never misses a meal
- Vida, the feral kitten who has decided living inside a home beats forraging outside
- 1 dog:
- Cecile, the Standard Poodle with von Willebrand's disease
- 5 hens (Sam & Ella, Henny & Penny, and Crafty) and one rooster (John Fabio)
- Riding and working on my motorcycles
- Yoga, practicing and teaching (Registered Yoga Teacher/RYT-500) http://www.circlecitystudio.com/
- Running and other forms of exercise including surfing, camping, hiking, mountain biking
- Traveling to far and exotic lands
What I like most about VIN
- Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally spent, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! What a ride!"
- The bringing together of people who are involved in so many facets of veterinary medicine from across the world to a single location for the sharing of knowledge.