Course Open: March 15-December 31, 2022
Total CE Credit: 1.5
RACE Category: 1.5 hours Medical Skip to Enrollment Course Information:
Do you dread when a case starts to “head towards” the possibility of FIP? Wonder if you are over diagnosing cases? Feel like you are missing patients? Wish you had something better than pred to offer? You are not alone! This course is for you! Everyone struggles with Feline Infectious Peritonitis, but this course will take you from start to finish in making the diagnosis and sorting out the treatment options. To earn a certificate of completion the participant must complete all learning modules and score 80% or better on the end-of-course test. Completion of the course will take a minimum of 95 minutes. Participants must complete the participation requirements by December 31, 2022 to be eligible for a certificate. To learn more about the requirements for earning a non-interactive CE certificate, please refer to Non-Interactive CE Certificate Requirements. Learning Objectives:
Upon completion of the course, the participant should be able to
- determine which patients are likely candidates.
- assess the household risk factors.
- which tests are most helpful to make the diagnosis?
- understand how to confirm your suspicions.
- assessing the treatment options – including “black market” drugs.
- guiding clients through their options and associated prognosis.
- build as strong a case as possible.
- save as many patients are you can!
Accreditation: This non-interactive course is approved for 1.5 hours of continuing education credit by RACE for veterinarians. (RACE 20-904584) Course Agenda: Module 1: FIP – Making the Diagnosis and Sorting Out the Treatment Options
Total Time: 85 minutes
Video: 85 minutes
Module 2: End of Course Test
Total Time: 10 minutes
Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course. Module 3: Course Evaluation
To learn more about the requirements for earning a non-interactive self-study CE certificate, please refer to Non-Interactive CE Certificate Requirements.
Enrollment is closed.
Tuition: VIN Member $35
Prices are listed in US dollars. *For more information on how online CE works, see the Participant Resource Center.
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext. 797 or email CEonVIN. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
VIN Education Director VIN CE Services: CEonVIN
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 797
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357