Course Open: May 10-27, 2022
Real Time Sessions (RTS): Tuesday, May 17, 2022; 9:00-11:00 pm ET (USA) World Clock Converter
Total CE Credit: 2
RACE Category: 2 hours Medical Skip to Enrollment Course Information:
This course will focus on nutritional management of critically ill patients while in the ICU and during long-term recovery. We will discuss why feeding ICU patients should be a primary goal during management of these critically ill patients. There will be a focus on the different types of feeding tubes and when to use them in clinical patients, with a focus on nutritional management. Because not all critically ill patients are the same, we will discuss how to make an individualized nutrition plan for each feeding tube patient using a step-by-step approach to developing a feeding tube plan. We will apply this approach using several case examples representing different types of patients with feeding tubes. Learning Objectives:
Upon completion of the course, the participant should be able to
- understand the importance of timely nutritional support for critical care patients.
- discuss dietary options for critical care patients.
- differentiate use of different feeding tube types in the ICU and for long-term feeding.
- apply a step-by-step approach to developing a feeding tube plan, using case examples.
Accreditation: This course is approved for 2 hours of continuing education credit by RACE for veterinarians and veterinary technicians/technologists. (RACE 20-903333) Course Agenda: Week 1 (Real Time Session May 17, 2022): Critical Care Nutrition and Assisted Feeding
Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course. To learn more about the requirements for earning a CE certificate, please refer to Receiving Your CE Credit and Course Completion Certificate. Course Materials: Course materials will be available in the course library prior to each Real Time Session.
Required Textbook(s): There is no required textbook for this course.
Enrollment is closed.
Tuition: Member $46 ($41 early bird special if enrolled by April 26, 2022)
Non-Member $110 ($99 early bird special if enrolled by April 26, 2022)
Prices are listed in US dollars. *To ensure participants are ready and prepared for classes, enrollment will close on May 10, 2022 at 5 pm ET (USA) or when the maximum number of participants is reached. *For more information on how online CE works, see the Participant Resource Center.
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member and non-member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext. 797 or email CEonVIN. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
VIN Education Director VIN CE Services: CEonVIN
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 797
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357