Course Open: September 1-18, 2020
Real Time Sessions (RTS): Tuesday, September 8, 2020; 9:00-11:00 pm ET (USA)
Course RTS Times in Your Area: World Clock Converter Level and Prerequisites: This intermediate course will be open to veterinarians actively interested in sepsis and related syndromes.
VIN CE Course: Open to veterinarians. This course is approved by RACE for veterinarians. (RACE 22-43790) Course Information:
Sepsis is a complex and severe condition that affects a large number of veterinary patients. This disease leads to profound metabolic derangements that are associated with significant morbidity and mortality. Clinicians should be pro-active in resuscitating their patients by using a comprehensive and detailed approach. We will review normal and pathologic response to infections, define sepsis and related syndromes, and discuss current recommendations for patient care. Week 1 (Real Time Session September 8, 2020): Sepsis
Presenter: Guillaume Hoareau
Objectives: Upon completion of this session, the participant should be able to
- Review the body natural’s response to infection and review the mechanisms that lead to sepsis
- Present current sepsis definition
- Discuss patient care algorithms
- Assess current veterinary literature
Required Textbook(s): There is no required textbook for this course. About the Presenter:
Guillaume Hoareau is a diplomate of both the American and European Colleges of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care. He graduated from the Toulouse National School of Veterinary Medicine (France). He completed a residency in emergency and critical care at the University of California- Davis and obtained a PhD in Translational Trauma and Critical Illness Research from the same institution. He was an Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education Post-Doctoral Fellow in trauma and critical care research with the US Air Force. Dr Hoareau is now an Assistant Professor in Emergency Medicine at the University of Utah and balances his time between research and clinical work. Total CE Credit: 2
Tuition: Member $46 ($41 early bird special if enrolled by August 18, 2020)
Non-Member $110 ($99 early bird special if enrolled by August 18, 2020)
Prices are listed in US dollars. *To ensure participants are ready and prepared for classes, enrollment will close on September 1, 2020 at 5 pm ET (USA) or when the maximum number of participants is reached. *For more information on how online CE works, see the Participant Resource Center. To Enroll:
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member and non-member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- Each person is individually responsible for his/her own registration. To ensure that all information received is secure and correct, please do not enroll for a course on behalf of another individual.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext. 797 or email CEonVIN. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
VIN Education Director VIN CE Services: CEonVIN
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 797
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357