Course Open: January 4-21, 2022
Real Time Sessions (RTS): Tuesday, January 11, 2022; 9:00-11:00 pm ET (USA) World Clock Converter
Total CE Credit: 2
RACE Category: 2 hours Medical Skip to Enrollment Course Information:
Sepsis is a complex and severe condition that affects a large number of veterinary patients. This disease leads to profound metabolic derangements that are associated with significant morbidity and mortality. Clinicians should be pro-active in resuscitating their patients by using a comprehensive and detailed approach. We will review normal and pathologic response to infections, define sepsis and related syndromes, and discuss current recommendations for patient care. Learning Objectives:
Upon completion of the course, the participant should be able to
- review the body natural’s response to infection and review the mechanisms that lead to sepsis.
- present current sepsis definition.
- discuss patient care algorithms.
- assess current veterinary literature.
Accreditation: This course is approved for 2 hours of continuing education credit by RACE for veterinarians. (RACE 20-753993) Course Agenda: Week 1 (Real Time Session January 11, 2022): Sepsis
Presenters: Guillaume Hoareau, DVM, PhD
Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course. To learn more about the requirements for earning a CE certificate, please refer to Receiving Your CE Credit and Course Completion Certificate. Course Materials: Course materials will be available in the course library prior to each Real Time Session.
Required Textbook(s): There is no required textbook for this course.
Enrollment is closed.
Tuition: Member $46 ($41 early bird special if enrolled by December 21, 2021)
Non-Member $110 ($99 early bird special if enrolled by December 21, 2021)
Prices are listed in US dollars. *To ensure participants are ready and prepared for classes, enrollment will close on January 4, 2022 at 5 pm ET (USA) or when the maximum number of participants is reached. *For more information on how online CE works, see the Participant Resource Center.
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member and non-member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext. 797 or email CEonVIN. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
VIN Education Director VIN CE Services: CEonVIN
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 797
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357