Course Open: August 14-31, 2019
Real Time Session (RTS): Wednesday, August 21, 2019; 9:00-11:00 pm ET (USA)
Course RTS Times in Your Area: World Clock Converter Level and Prerequisites: This intermediate course will be open to veterinarians actively interested in management of trauma patients.
VIN CE Course: Open to veterinarians. This course has been submitted for RACE approval for veterinarians. Course Information:
This two-hour session will review the clinical management of challenging emergency patients. We will discuss the general triage approach as it relates to the patients being discussed. Physiopathology aspects relevant to case management will be reviewed to justify diagnostic work up and therapeutic approach. Core concepts of emergency medicine will be reviewed throughout the discussion while leveraging clinical aspects of critically ill patients. Week 1 (Real Time Session August 21, 2019): Emergency Rounds
Presenter: Guillaume Hoareau, DVM, PhD
Objectives: Upon completion of this session, the participant should be able to
- understand the approach to the acutely and critically ill patient.
- provide life-saving measures.
- understand core pathophysiologic concepts related to patient care.
- request appropriate diagnostic tests.
- prescribe adequate treatments.
Required Textbook(s): There is no required textbook for this course. About the Presenter:
Guillaume Hoareau is a diplomate of both the American and European Colleges of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care. He graduated from the Toulouse National School of Veterinary Medicine (France). He completed a residency in emergency and critical care at the University of California- Davis and obtained a PhD in Translational Trauma and Critical Illness Research from the same institution. He is currently an Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education Post Doctoral Fellow in trauma and critical care research with the US Air Force and balances his time between research and clinical work. Total CE Credit: 2
Tuition: Member $46 ($41 early bird special if enrolled by July 31, 2019)
Non-Member $110 ($99 early bird special if enrolled by July 31, 2019)
Prices are listed in US dollars. *To ensure participants are ready and prepared for classes, enrollment will close on August 21, 2019 at 5 pm ET (USA) or when the maximum number of participants is reached. *For more information on how online CE works, see the Participant Resource Center. To Enroll:
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member and non-member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- Each person is individually responsible for his/her own registration. To ensure that all information received is secure and correct, please do not enroll for a course on behalf of another individual.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext. 797 or email CEonVIN. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
VIN Education Director VIN CE Services: CEonVIN
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 797
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357