Course Open: November 30-December 17, 2021
Real Time Sessions (RTS): Tuesday, December 7, 2021; 9:00-11:00 pm ET (USA) World Clock Converter
Total CE Credit: 2
RACE Category: 2 hours Medical Skip to Enrollment Course Information:
Blood gas analysis is an invaluable tool in the emergency and critical care setting. Not only sample acquisition can prove challenging, but interpretation may sometimes intimidate some clinicians. This talk will review sample acquisition techniques and discuss a step-by-step approach to interpretation. The goal is to familiarize clinicians with a seamless interpretation technique of both arterial and venous blood gas analysis results. Learning Objectives:
Upon completion of the course, the participant should be able to
- understand the clinical importance of arterial and venous blood gas analysis.
- discuss sampling techniques.
- describe the steps of blood gas results analysis.
- discuss specific clinical examples.
Accreditation: This course is approved for 2 hours of continuing education credit by RACE for veterinarians. (RACE 20-849577) Course Agenda: Week 1 (Real Time Session December 7, 2021): Blood Gas Interpretation
Presenters: Guillaume Hoareau, DVM, PhD Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course. To learn more about the requirements for earning a CE certificate, please refer to Receiving Your CE Credit and Course Completion Certificate. Course Materials: Course materials will be available in the course library prior to each Real Time Session.
Required Textbook(s): There is no required textbook for this course.
Enrollment is closed.
Tuition: Member $46 ($41 early bird special if enrolled by November 16, 2021)
Non-Member $110 ($99 early bird special if enrolled by November 16, 2021)
Prices are listed in US dollars. *To ensure participants are ready and prepared for classes, enrollment will close on November 30, 2021 at 5 pm ET (USA) or when the maximum number of participants is reached. *For more information on how online CE works, see the Participant Resource Center.
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member and non-member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext. 797 or email CEonVIN. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
VIN Education Director VIN CE Services: CEonVIN
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 797
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357