Course Open: January 1-December 31, 2023
Total CE Credit: 2
RACE Category: 2 hours Medical
Tuition: VIN Member $46
This course will cover common thoracic radiology concepts and techniques. First through identifying normal anatomy structure and then introducing common patterns of pulmonary disease. To earn a certificate of completion the participant must complete all learning modules and score 80% or better on the end-of-course test. Completion of the course will take a minimum of 127 minutes. Participants must complete the participation requirements by December 31, 2023 to be eligible for a certificate. To learn more about the requirements for earning a Self Study CE certificate, please refer to Self Study CE Certificate Requirements.
Upon completion of the course, the participant should be able to
- understand proper procedure and techniques to capture ideal thoracic imaging.
- identify normal anatomy landmarks.
- identify bronchial, alveolar, and vascular patterns of disease utilizing thoracic radiographs.
- identify differences between structured and non-structured interstitial patterns.
Level and Prerequisites: This basic VIN CE self-study course is open for enrollment to veterinarians interested in thoracic pulmonary radiology. This course is open to VIN members only.
Credit Approval: This non-interactive course is approved for 2 hours of continuing education credit by RACE for veterinarians. (RACE 20-848651)
Course Agenda: Module 1: Anatomy and Physiology
Total Time: 37 minutes
Video: 37 minutes
This module provides a review of common thoracic pulmonary radiology anatomy and physiology. Module 2: Patterns of Pulmonary Disease
Total Time: 58 minutes
Video: 58 minutes
In this module you will learn about common pulmonary disease patterns. Module 3: Case Examples
Total Time: 17 minutes
Video: 17 minutes
This module provides a review of several case examples of common pulmonary presentations. Module 4: Additional Resources
Module 5: End of Course Test
Total Time: 15 minutes
Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course. Module 6: Course Evaluation
To learn more about the requirements for earning a Self Study CE certificate, please refer to Self Study CE Certificate Requirements.
Tuition: VIN Member $46
*For more information on how online CE works, see the Participant Resource Center. Enrollment qualifications for Self Study CE:
- VIN CE Courses:
- VIN CE courses are open to VIN members.
- Veterinary support staff must be VSPN members in order to enroll in a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- VSPN CE Courses:
- VSPN CE courses are open to veterinary support staff and veterinarians.
- Only VIN and VSPN members can enroll in a VSPN CE course.
- Veterinarians will only receive credit for those VSPN CE courses that specify in the Accreditation statement that the course is accredited for veterinarians.
- Please check the course Level and Prerequisites, Accreditation, and Tuition before enrolling.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org
and @vin.com addresses.
- Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext. 797 or email CEonVIN@vin.com. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
Course withdrawal and refund policy: A complete refund of the paid course price will be issued when your withdrawal request is received prior to starting the course. If you wish to withdraw after you have started this self-study course, please contact the VSPN office 800-846-0028, ext. 797 to discuss eligibility for a pro-rated refund. *For more information on VIN's upcoming CE courses, check the VIN Course Catalog. Katherine James, DVM, PhD, DACVIM (SAIM)
VIN Education Director VIN CE Services: CEonVIN
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 797
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357