Course Open: July 1, 2022-June 30, 2023
Total CE Credit: 2
RACE Category: 2 hours Medical
Tuition: VIN Member $46
This course will cover common cardiac radiology concepts and techniques. First through identifying normal anatomy structure and then introducing common abnormal presentations. Common congenital diseases as well as acquired heart disease will be discussed. To earn a certificate of completion the participant must complete all learning modules and score 80% or better on the end-of-course test. Completion of the course will take a minimum of 147 minutes. Participants must complete the participation requirements by June 30, 2023 to be eligible for a certificate. To learn more about the requirements for earning a Self Study CE certificate, please refer to Self Study CE Certificate Requirements.
Upon completion of the course, the participant should be able to
- understand proper procedure and techniques to capture ideal cardiac imaging.
- identify normal anatomy landmarks.
- identify common cardiac congenital diseases utilizing thoracic radiographs.
- identify acquired heart disease and abnormalities seen on thoracic radiographs.
Level and Prerequisites: This basic VIN CE self-study course is open for enrollment to veterinarians interested in cardiac radiology. This course is open to VIN members only.
Accreditation: This non-interactive course is approved for 2 hours of continuing education credit by RACE for veterinarians. (RACE 20-847297)
Course Agenda: Module 1: Anatomy and Physiology
Total Time: 38 minutes
Video: 38 minutes
Module 2: Common Congenital Disease
Total Time: 50 minutes
Video: 50 minutes
Module 3: Acquired Heart Disease and Abnormalities
Total Time: 49 minutes
Video: 49 minutes
Module 4: End of Course Test
Total Time: 10 minutes
Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course. Module 5: Course Evaluation
To learn more about the requirements for earning a Self Study CE certificate, please refer to Self Study CE Certificate Requirements.
Tuition: VIN Member $46
*For more information on how online CE works, see the Participant Resource Center. Enrollment qualifications for Self Study CE:
- VIN CE Courses:
- VIN CE courses are open to VIN members.
- Veterinary support staff must be VSPN members in order to enroll in a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- VSPN CE Courses:
- VSPN CE courses are open to veterinary support staff and veterinarians.
- Only VIN and VSPN members can enroll in a VSPN CE course.
- Veterinarians will only receive credit for those VSPN CE courses that specify in the Accreditation statement that the course is accredited for veterinarians.
- Please check the course Level and Prerequisites, Accreditation, and Tuition before enrolling.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org
and @vin.com addresses.
- Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext. 797 or email CEonVIN@vin.com. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
Course withdrawal and refund policy: A complete refund of the paid course price will be issued when your withdrawal request is received prior to starting the course. If you wish to withdraw after you have started this self-study course, please contact the VSPN office 800-846-0028, ext. 797 to discuss eligibility for a pro-rated refund. *For more information on VIN's upcoming CE courses, check the VIN Course Catalog. Katherine James, DVM, PhD, DACVIM (SAIM)
VIN Education Director VIN CE Services: CEonVIN
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 797
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357