Course Open: January 1-December 31, 2023
Total CE Credit: 1.5
RACE Category: 1.5 hours Medical
Tuition: VIN/VSPN Member $35
The traditional methods of handling were to scruff, stretch, and force-restrain cats. The result: bites, scratches, and veterinary staff who were unsure of how to keep safe. Learn low stress towel wrap techniques that will help you handle cats with skill and ease. Cats will remain calm and cooperative, and veterinarians and technicians will be confident handling their feline patients. Looking for more Sophia Yin behavior courses? Consider enrolling in Low Stress Handling® Silver Certification. A comprehensive review of ten individual courses, including Feline Lab: Towel Wrap Techniques for Handling Cats with Skill and Ease (BHVR905). Participants will learn to understand and improve the individual's or hospital's ability to create a low stress environment and handle animals in a less stressful manner. Enroll in Low Stress Handling® Silver Certification and receive 15% bundle discount compared to the cost of individual courses. More information/enrollment: Low Stress Handling® Silver Certification Self Study To earn a certificate of completion the participant must complete all learning modules and score 80% or better on the end-of-course test. Completion of the course will take a minimum of 75 minutes. Participants must complete the participation requirements by December 31, 2023 to be eligible for a certificate. To learn more about the requirements for earning a Self Study CE certificate, please refer to Self Study CE Certificate Requirements.
Upon completion of the course, the participant should be able to
- apply 6 towel wraps on cats to keep them feeling comfortable and secure and a seventh wrap for emergency situations.
- recognize common handler errors that can cause cats to struggle instead of calm down.
- evaluate which wraps are appropriate for a given cat and learn how to know when to choose something else.
Level and Prerequisites: This basic VIN CE self-study course is open for enrollment to veterinarians and veterinary staff actively interested in towel wrap techniques for handling cats. This course is open to VIN and VSPN members only.
Credit Approval: This non-interactive course is approved for 1.5 hours of continuing education credit by RACE for veterinarians and veterinary technicians/technologists. (RACE 20-906762)
Course Agenda: Module 1: Feline Lab: Towel Wrap Techniques for Handling Cats with Skill and Ease
Total Time: 65 minutes
Video: 65 minutes
Module 2: End of Course Test
Total Time: 10 minutes
Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course.
Module 3: Course Evaluation
Tuition: VIN/VSPN Member $35
*For more information on how online CE works, see the Participant Resource Center. Enrollment qualifications for Self Study CE:
- VIN CE Courses:
- VIN CE courses are open to VIN members.
- Veterinary support staff must be VSPN members in order to enroll in a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- VSPN CE Courses:
- VSPN CE courses are open to veterinary support staff and veterinarians.
- Only VIN and VSPN members can enroll in a VSPN CE course.
- Veterinarians will only receive credit for those VSPN CE courses that specify in the Accreditation statement that the course is accredited for veterinarians.
- Please check the course Level and Prerequisites, Accreditation, and Tuition before enrolling.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org
and @vin.com addresses.
- Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext. 797 or email CEonVIN@vin.com. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
Course withdrawal and refund policy: A complete refund of the paid course price will be issued when your withdrawal request is received prior to starting the course. If you wish to withdraw after you have started this self-study course, please contact the VSPN office 800-846-0028, ext. 797 to discuss eligibility for a pro-rated refund. *For more information on VIN's upcoming CE courses, check the VIN Course Catalog. Katherine James, DVM, PhD, DACVIM (SAIM)
VIN Education Director VIN CE Services: CEonVIN
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 797
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357