I use VIN at multiple locations. Which one do I choose for sales tax?
October 8, 2015 (published)
Laura Schwartz

The location where you most frequently use VIN is the basis for determining whether you must pay sales tax and if so, what rate you will be charged.

If you work as a relief or mobile veterinarian, make your best estimate of where you most frequently access your VIN account and set that as your usage address (Learn how).  If the location changes too frequently to make a fair estimate, you may choose to set your business license address as your usage address.

If you have questions or need help setting your usage address, please contact us.

Friendly Reminder to Our Colleagues: Use of VIN content is limited to personal reference by VIN members. No portion of any VIN content may be copied or distributed without the expressed written permission of VIN.

Clinicians are reminded that you are ultimately responsible for the care of your patients. Any content that concerns treatment of your cases should be deemed recommendations by colleagues for you to consider in your case management decisions. Dosages should be confirmed prior to dispensing medications unfamiliar to you. To better understand the origins and logic behind these policies, and to discuss them with your colleagues, click here.

Images posted by VIN community members and displayed via VIN should not be considered of diagnostic quality and the ultimate interpretation of the images lies with the attending clinician. Suggestions, discussions and interpretation related to posted images are only that -- suggestions and recommendations which may be based upon less than diagnostic quality information.


777 W. Covell Blvd., Davis, CA 95616



  • Toll Free: 800-700-4636
  • From UK: 01-45-222-6154
  • From anywhere: (1)-530-756-4881
  • From Australia: 02-6145-2357