Sandra McConkey, DVM, PhD, Dipl. ACVP
- American College of Veterinary Pathology (ACVP)
- DVM, Ontario Veterinary College
- PhD, Atlantic Veterinary College
Current Professional Activities
- Associate Professor, Atlantic Veterinary College
Past Professional Activities
- Small animal private practice for 8 years
- Residency in Clinical Pathology
- Clinical Pathologist, Atlantic Veterinary College
- Associate Professor, Clinical Pharmacology, Atlantic Veterinary College
- Antimicrobial resistance
- Adverse drug reactions
- American College of Veterinary Clinical Pharmacology
- American Society for Veterinary Clinical Pharmacology
- Canadian Veterinary Medical Association
- Prince Edward Island Veterinary Medical Association
Current Research/Clinical Interests
- Optimizing antimicrobial use in salmonids being treated for pisrickettsiosis
- Married to a large animal veterinarian. We have two adult children, one insanely happy Labrador (who eats everything in sight) and one very bossy Birman cat.
- Running, biking, traveling, gardening, reading, family, and a lot of dog walking.
- Indian Horse by Richard Wagamese
- The Harry Potter books (and movies)
- "A day may come when the courage of Men fails, when we forsake our friends, and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day." - Aragorn, The Return of the King.
What I like Most About VIN
- I LOVE VIN. It is an amazing resource. I use the searches for finding out what is current with drug use and can never resist checking out the news releases on the front page.